Looking back at 2019 there are some reasons for optimism, but the issue our precious planet is facing has not changed.
- The biggest ever climate change demonstrations and strikes happened in 2019. This shows us that young people are worried about their future; they are ready to act, but they still don’t have a real model to follow.
- More and more countries have banned the single plastic use, and announce Climate Emergency.
- New records of tree planting actions were made.
- Systems for cleaning the oceans and rivers were created and put into use.
- Several animal species were taken off the red list.
- Scientists have started writing their reports in a language understandable for all of us.
- "System change" starts to be required from speakers and books and articles.
- The change is coming, but which shape it is going to take we don’t know. Green capitalism, red capitalism or a society of togetherness!!!
We know that many more bad things wreck our Planet home, but the hope is there and one of the biggest is that We the Little People take Action!