20 Inspirational Hiking Quotes to get you out there
[caption id="attachment_6931" align="alignleft" width="300"]
Photo Credit: Richmond Vale Diving and Hiking Center
Few recreation activities offer as much benefit in return for as little as hiking does. Hiking is a basic mountaineering modality it does not need heavy backpacks with expensive equipment, nor climbing steep slopes nor knowing complicated techniques of knots or risky climbing maneuvers. Hiking allows us to enjoy something that we have done all our lives: walking.
So, walking beyond going from the house to the car and from the parking lot to the office... Walking is healthy, we gain strength in the legs, the heart beats with more vigor, the lungs work more effectively, biceps, stomach muscles, chest and shoulders are benefit from the simple fact of walking.
To motivate you to go out there and get in touch with nature, we present you these inspirational hiking quotes.
We hope you like them!
20 Inspirational Hiking Quotes
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous”
- “Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out going to the mountains is going home; that wilderness is a necessity”.
― John Muir
– Ed Viesturs, No Shortcuts to the Top: Climbing the World’s 14 Highest Peaks
- “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.
– Daniel J. Rice
- “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.”
– Wislawa Szymborska
“I like being near the top of a mountain. One can’t get lost here.”
—Robert Louis Stevenson
- "It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit."
- "Come to the woods, for here is rest. There is no repose like that of the green deep woods. Of all the upness accessible to mortals, there is no upness comparable to the mountains."
- "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!"
—Henry David Thoreau
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
—Richard M. Nixon
- “Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.”
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.”
- “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking. You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.”
– Terri Guillemets
“You need special shoes for hiking — and a bit of a special soul as well.”
– Greg Child
- “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.”
– Aldous Huxley
- “My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.”
– Jack Kerouac
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that mountain.”
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
– John Muir
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.”
— Robert W. Service
- “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.”
— Edward Alley
- “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.”
Adventure to go hikingIf these hiking quotes have achieved the desired effect and you want to fly away from your home to practice hiking ... we can help you with that!
We kindly invite you to visit our Richmond Vale Diving and Hiking Center. The center also offers you the opportunity to Scuba Dive and do very good hikes.
The Center is located on the north coast of the Leeward side of mainland St. Vincent. It is close to many nature walks, waterfalls and of course, the beach.
One of the best tours we offer, is to Hike La Soufrière volcano which is 4,048 feet above sea level. At the top, you can rest, eat, relax or go down to the crater of the volcano. Then, once inside, you can enjoy the silence and the beauty of the crater.
You'll should take advantage of your next vacation to get in touch with nature.
Also, do not forget to share this article in your social networks and leave us a comment!